Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday

Well it's Super Tuesday. My guess/prediction is that after the smoke clears McCain will more or less have the republican nomination sewn up, but that there won't be any clear winner between Clinton and Obama. As for myself, I'm not sure if I should admit this, but I registered as a Republican just so that I could cast a vote for Ron Paul. I'm hoping that it will be as easy to unregister from the Republican party as it was to register, but only time will tell. I don't think I could handle the stain on my soul from being a registered Republican. Don't look at me like that I feel the same way (if not moreso) about being a registered Democrat...

You may of course be wondering why I voted for Dr. Paul. Well it's the Gold Standard really, I think we really need to get back on the Gold Standard... Okay not really in fact his position on that issue is almost enough to make me not vote for him, almost... My reasons for voting for Paul are almost entirely related to him being the only candidate in the race who is seriously arguing for a vastly reduced federal government. Also Romney has Utah completely sewn up, so I can vote for Paul without fear that I'll be affecting the outcome other than to lend one more voice to the small-government contingent.

Anyway, other than that the other big thing I did was to go through 700+ e-mails in my g-mail account, tagged them, made sure I hadn't missed doing anything (as a matter of fact I had missed a couple of things...) moved the majority of them to the archive and generally applied a system to the whole mess which will hopefully make things easier to stay on top of moving forward. We'll have to see if that's actually the case.

I hear his close friends call him Ronnie...

5 Comments:

Blogger hallamigo said...

From now on I'll be referring to you as "my republican brother-in-law" ...

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like your predictions were right on the money...

12:36 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I checked out the county clerk's website, and it is very easy to change your party affiliation. You'll be free of the Republican Party in just a few keystrokes.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be in Berkeley. Voting for Hillary was seen as right-wing.

2:50 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.
-- Winston Churchill

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home