Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Good and Bad news

Well yesterday I got some bad news and today I got some happy news. I'm not sure which to start with. I guess in the interest of increasing the number of people who read to the end of the blog I'll start with the happy news. After a long difficult and scary pregnancy I have a new nephew as of this morning. His name is Wade. Hahaha, just kidding I know that it's Ward (that's an inside joke). By all accounts both baby and mother are doing fine, so as you can see outstanding news. Not sure if I'll have the time to visit them in the hospital, but we'll have to see.

The bad news... Well there's this couple that my wife and I have known for at least ten years if not more, and he worked at the same place I did for the last 8+ years. Well anyway they're getting a divorce. This is one of those couples you would have never picked to divorce in a million years. Unfortunately things turn on a dime and the things we thought were rock solid end up having feet of clay. Obviously it's not my place to get into all the sordid details, but lets just say that nothing that happened made me question my loyalty or friendship to the husband and I intend to give him every help I can.

Of course the really crappy part is that they have five kids. Normally I'm pretty opposed to divorcing when you have kids, but of course every time I say that I come upon a situation where there's really no other option. This is one of those cases, but it doesn't make me any happier about things. Anyhow, it is what it is, and life goes on. It does put things into perspective. I was feeling fairly put-upon recently with all the demands being made on my time, but it could be worse I could be in my friend's position...

It could always be worse...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home