Saturday, December 01, 2007

Last Week

After Ed posted this comment:

Ok, no posts from Ross in 4 days. I take it the Cheerful Pledge has broken him. Look in all nearby bell towers and gun shops.

I thought I'd better post and let everyone know how I was doing. Last week was pretty crazy. It was my semi-official last week at my day job. Semi-official because I'm still on what amounts to a 20 hour/week retainer until mid-January. Long enough to train the new guy (who starts on the 17th of Dec.) Anyway, since it was for most intents my last week everyone in the world wanted me to do one last thing, not to mention all the last things I wanted to do. On top of that I had a welfare assignment at the cannery that ate up most of Tuesday (I was making applesauce) and then I had a really important lunch meeting with our TM and IP attorney on Wednesday which ended up (with travel time) running about two and half hours.

To top it all off Wednesday night I came down with something, which was exacerbated by the fact that I had to wake up at 5:00 am Thursday morning to move a server (kind of my last act as an official employee). So Thursday was pretty bad, and Friday was not all that much better, but I think I'm basically recovered, at least recovered enough to shovel all the snow we got today. My rudimentary measurement came up with about 9", but I could be off, all I know was that in order to keep ahead of it (mostly I was trying to keep people from driving on it) I ended up shoveling four times.

And through it all I remained relentlessly cheerful. Okay, not really I was mostly grumpy, but to the grumpiness I managed to also add quite a bit of guilt because I wasn't more cheerful. Not sure if that was really the best outcome, but I intend to keep at it. I think being largely free of the pressures of having two jobs will help.

Relentlessly Guilty

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is that the pressure to be cheerful during the holiday season is the pharmaceutical industry's greatest ally.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My neighbor snowblowed our driveway and the sun melted the rest of it ... keep up the cheeriness!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home