Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Bunny Hunting

It's been a tradition for many, many years in my family to go Rabbit Hunting on the day after Thanksgiving. Since starting my current job I haven't gone (that I can recall, maybe I went once) because the day after Thanksgiving isn't a holiday, but most people take it off anyway which means you can either spend one of the precious days of PTO and take it off or you can go into work and have what amounts to a holiday anyway and save that day of PTO. Traditionally, as you might imagine, I have opted for the latter, but this year I'm only working 30 hours a week, and have every Friday off, so it seemed time to rediscover the tradition.

I got a notice in the mail yesterday that I needed to renew my driver's license, turns out I could do it online. While I was doing it I saw a link to get a hunting license and I remembered that if I wanted to legally hunt bunnies other than jackrabbits I needed a small game license. So I got that as well. It was $26, a lot more expensive than I remember, and since I'll almost certainly not use it on any of the other 364 days that it's valid it makes Friday's entertainment on the pricey side (though still a lot less expensive than skiing.)

More tired than I should be

4 Comments:

Blogger aozora said...

This is triggering memories of Elmer Fudd singing, "Kill the wabbit, Kill the wabbit ..."

But then again I have no hunting traditions in my family.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anyone else start humming "Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit..." to themselves as they read this as well?

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed:
Nope, but I am now. :)

4:42 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

Count me in as one of the hummers.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home