Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer

One of the great things about the kids being out of school and me having a more flexible schedule is that we can do things at of peak times. So today for example we went and saw the 12:20 showing of "Prince Caspian". It was pretty good, though I'll tell you that going in I wasn't that excited. (To be candid I really wanted to see Kung Fu Panda.) I'm not sure why precisely. Perhaps because I already knew the story? Perhaps having gone so long without any good fantasy movies now that I have them I don't know what to do with them?

In any case it was solid, and had some surprisingly emotional bits, but like I said it didn't really overwhelm me. I am glad to see that it did well enough at the box office that they'll almost certainly keep making them. There are many books which shouldn't be made into movies which nevertheless are and many books which should be made into movies that aren't. It's good to see the occasional adaptation that's deserved.

Other than that the day was pretty boring. Just lots of work, which I'd better get back to.

Mea navis aƫricumbens anguillis abundat

1 Comments:

Blogger hallamigo said...

Great tag line.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home