Thursday, December 14, 2006

Not a moment to spare

I have like ten minutes before I have to head for my first meeting. And then it's more or less solid meetings the rest of the day. Then I have to hurry home and pick up my daughter and head downtown for a concert. I'm guessing that by the time I get home from that it will be bedtime. Then tomorrow I'm already leaving work early to catch a plan. As I reviewed this in my mind this morning, I realized that there's really no time for me to pack before my plane. Obviously that's not entirely true I can stay up late tonight, or leave from work even earlier tomorrow, but certainly there's no big block of time for it.

Not sure if I mentioned this already or not, but having finished the "Otherland" series I decided that my next book should be "From Dawn to Decadence" I have a feeling that going from a 3000 page sci-fi/fantasy series to an 800 page cultural/historical book was not the best transition if I want to maintain my reading mojo, but I guess we'll have to see. I'm still in the introduction, but I can already say that the writing is simultaneously very accessible but not dumbed-down in the slightest either.

Things are happening too quickly

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could be interesting, but it could also be some contemporary guy reading back into history too much. Let us know how it turns out.

11:31 AM  
Blogger DireKobold said...

It's by Jacques Barzun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barzun). And after writing over 40 books, this one is widely considered to be his swan song, so I have high hopes.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Things are happening too quickly"

sounds like a life "gone ballistic" :)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home