Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The arrow of time

I was looking through a list of the unsolved problems in physics and was fascinated to discover that no reason necessarily why time should move forward. "Discover" is perhaps the wrong term, I think I had heard this before, but thinking too much about time paradoxes and the like, makes my poor little head hurt, so I'd blocked it out. I thought about this as I was preparing to blog today. I'm not sure why. Of course many physicists would consider this more of a philisophical problem than a physics one, but I think we're getting more and more of those as we probe the edges of our understanding.

I'm feeling very sleepy all of the sudden, which is odd since I've been getting tons of sleep lately. I suppose that it's something of a worrisome symptom to be so tired on top of everything else, though I think I may finally be getting better. I'm sure the fact that I finally decided to get plenty of rest has a lot to do with it. I still have a sore throat, but it's not as bad as it was the last couple of days, and my head congestion seems improved as well, so here's hoping...

Note to self: avoid the word "dull" when talking about your family

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I read articles speculating, at least, on some of these, such as the preponderance of matter (vs. antimatter).

Time is an interesting matter. I'll have to see what wiki says on time travel later as well.

2:45 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

Thinking too much about the space-time continuum makes me feel like I'm standing on the edge of a bottomless precipice and my only choices of movement are tremble in fear or jump.

On the other hand smackdowns by Mom are right in my scope. Outstanding interaction. Seriously. I'm almost envious. This may be way too personal, but are you first born?

O.K. time to turn to domestic duties...

*waves at the other potential lurkers*

Yoroshiku!

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home