Friday, August 24, 2007

Quotes

I get this daily e-mail from InformationWeek that has a round-up of all the latest stories from the IT world. Occasionally there’s some interesting stories there, but if it was just the IT news I probably would have taken myself off the mailing list a long time ago, but every day they have a quote as well, and they’re generally quite good, better than most of the quote a day stuff I’ve seen. Here’s today’s quote:

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was thinking of quotes in general because today is my final day working 40 hrs/week at the day job, and I was reminded of a Churchill Quote:

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

I’m often reminded of that quote, and I think it’s once again accurate, I think that as I look at my career, that this spot will probably, when I look back, be most accurately classified as the “end of the beginning.” I’ll end with one final quote, it’s my favorite of the demotivator’s quotes (www.despair.com):

If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you, you probably have a very easy job. The kind robots will be doing soon.

Sugar Candy

PS As aozora correctly pointed out, my wife won that last round, of course I could have always refused to approve either comment, but that’s not very sporting now is it? I’m willing to take my blows like a man.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come my comments never get posted? ;)

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this today-
"The fastest way to end a war, is to lose it." - George Orwell.

1:42 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

R.W.E. quotes are just awesotastic!

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home