Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A lazy no good slacker

Well lots of people have been bugging me recently about the lack of blogging. And to those people all I can say is please don't hate me... I'll do better. In fact I am hereby declaring as my goal that I will blog every day for a month, even on the weekends. It would have been nice if I had started yesterday, then things would appear neat and tidy, but instead it will have to go from the 2nd of October to the 1st of November. Oh well months are relatively artificial constructs anyway...

I have been pretty busy, I know that's not really an excuse, but I'll toss it out there anyway like meat to the dogs, merely hoping that it will keep you busy enough to not dig too deeply into things... If you did dig more deeply you might uncover a little turn-based browser strategy game called weewar. It's quite fun, and ostensibly I can play only when I need a break, since it's turn-based and I can go up to three days without making a move before they kick me off. In practice, it's a little more time consuming than that. Part of the appeal is that I haven't lost yet. (Check out this game, I'm red.) Actually if you check out my profile you'll see a single draw but I agreed to that to be charitable because I felt like that map was unfair to the other player. (Of course by the time you look at my profile I could have all kinds of losses.)

Other than that, things proceed. My 30 hour a week schedule is pretty nice, but also somewhat hectic. I mean it's not like 10 hours is really that much time, and in some respects I feel like I do just as much for the day job as I always did. That's not really true, but I do feel like I'm torn between two lovers.

Feeling like a fool

2 Comments:

Blogger aozora said...

*now too busy investigating weewar post comment*

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is the week that is the artificial construct. Days are based on the periodic rotation of the earth on its axis. Months are roughly based on the cycle of the lunar phases. Years are based on the time it takes for the earth to revolve around the sun. But weeks have no astronomical counterpart.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home