Monday, March 24, 2008

Tuesday Morning, 3 a.m.

Okay it's not 3 am, not yet at least, but we've got a big presentation tomorrow, and if history is any guide, that's about how late it's going to be before I get to bed. As usual I'm optimistic that this time it will be different. But it's nearly 1:00 am and there's still much to be done. I'm waiting for one of my partner's to get off the phone so that I can go over the agenda I came up with. It's mostly stuff we've already done and covered, but as usual there's always places where things can be improved.

I think now that I'm up to my eyeballs in things that this is one of the big difficulties with startups, that everything is moving so fast that you're constantly trying to hit a moving target. In fact as I listen to my partner on the phone I can hear him making changes to our strategy even now at literally the 11th hour. Oh well I could be back in a cube, and though occasionally it's difficult to remember why it was so bad, it won't be after tomorrow when the adrenaline of the pitch and the thrill of victory (or less likely the agony of defeat) will create a vividness to life that I wouldn't trade for all the cubes in India.

If you can't tell I'm already pretty tired... Also bonus points if you get the song or artist I alluded to in the title

1 Comments:

Blogger hallamigo said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K0eknfuix8

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home