Monday, September 15, 2008

Tag

I just got done playing freeze tag in the backyard with the kids. I'll tell you if you want to feel old... Holy cow! Fortunately I didn't throw up, which is something that, sadly, happens all too frequently when I overdo it like I did tonight. We were playing freeze tag and I had to show the boys that the old man could still catch them and out run them, at least for stretches lasting no longer than 3 seconds... I kept hoping that they would freeze me and I could stay frozen, but no such luck. Eventually I did get to sit down and watch the sunset reflected off the mountains, which was quite nice.

Now I'm just sitting here nursing a coke and trying to get my head calm down and watching Sense and Sensibility (the Ang Lee version). As an English major it's hard for me to resist Austen, despite what people may say about my manliness. Hopefully by the time it's over and the older two kids have gone to bed I'll be feeling well enough to get some stuff done, but who knows it's possible that my 15 minutes of running around could have made the rest of the evening a wash...

Die Hard was the first movie Alan Rickman ever appeared in

3 Comments:

Blogger aozora said...

Hope the money for Die Hard was good ...

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, if you biked more...

I feel even older. I strained my back by landing in bed wrong last night. There's another sign of getting old... injury/sickness competitions. I think I'll stop now, before I end up at the All-You-Can-Eat Buffet with the Blue Hair Army.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I remember when Steven wanted Paul and I to practice somersaults with him. No big deal I thought...then after one attempt my head was swimming and ached the rest of the day. Wow, I'm getting old, I thought.
Sounds like you had fun with the kids though.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home