Monday, January 26, 2009

Miscellany

-First the word "miscellany" is there anyone out there who doesn't think the British pronunciation of this word is 10 or 20 times better than the American?

-I woke up successfully at 6 am this morning and felt pretty good. Part of the reason for waking up at 6 is so that I can be to work by 7:30, unfortunately this morning I spent the first hour I was up shoveling some very heavy snow. It was good to get it taken care of, but hopefully every morning won't be like that.

-I discovered, shortly after arriving at work, that we had gone from using 3 MBPS (MegaBits per Second) at our data center to using over 20, within the last week. We figured out who it was and we're probably just going to pass the costs along, but it was still quite a shock.

-I've decided to just start leaving my car at work, so that I don't have to guess if I'm going to need it and decide whether to drive over in the morning, I can just walk to work every morning and if something comes up, then my car is right there.

-After much deliberation I've decided that I will count some books as more than 1, and in fact I'm going to make it even more complicated than I initially said. Any fiction book over 750 pages counts as two and any non-fiction book over 500 counts double as well (and if it's over 1000 then it would count as 3...)

-The kids are watching "Chuck" and they really like it, even my 5 year old daughter...

Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-That's all folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home