Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sleeping

One thing the holidays completely screwed up was my sleeping schedule. This is not to say that I'm now staying up until 4 am and sleeping until 2 or anything like that, but I am sleeping later than I want and not napping very often. So I'd like to get back to waking up early and taking naps. Part of the impetus for this is that I'd like to be into the office every day by 7:30. This gives me 30-45 minutes to get settled and get set up before anyone bugs me (there's another guy who comes in right after dropping his wife off for work at 8:00.) And obviously if I'm not waking up until 7:30 that's not going to happen.

I would also like to exercise in the morning as well. One might think that now that I'm playing squash, morning exercise could be done away with, but I think it's even more important to cross train a little bit and to also do some strength training and stretching. When you combine arriving at work at 7:30 with morning exercise and the showering and other stuff I have to do I pretty much have to wake up by 6:00. So that starts tomorrow. Since that's earlier than I'm used to I'm assuming that tomorrow I'll also take a nap, and voila! I'm back on track.

I think one of the big changes I'm going to make this time around is to wake up at 6:00 seven days a week. Which sounds like an awesome idea on Wednesday at 4:00 pm, but will probably sound substantially less cool Saturday morning at 6:00. Oh well, that's future Ross' problem (like so many things) and while I think near-future Ross is going to hate me for it, I think far-future Ross is going to thank me.

Now if I could just do something about past Ross...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as this doesn't turn into a bad ST:TNG episode with three or more Ross-es popping into our universe...

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home