Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Thirteenth Tale

As I have mentioned I have a goal to read four books a month. It looks like I'm going to make it this month, though only by using the "counting one book as two" methodology. The first book was "Holidays on Ice" by David Sedaris, which I believe I already talked about. The second book was "The Thirteenth Tale". My wife is reading it for her book club next month and she enjoyed it so much that she wanted me to read it. It was about the right length and looked like a quick read so I took it on.

The basic premise is that an author who has never told the true story of her childhood is about to die and so she decides to finally come clean. Her choice of biographer is unusual. She selects a young girl who works with her father in a rare book store, and has done only a few amateur biographical articles, but something connects the two of them and the young women begins to record her story. Obviously there several twists and turns in the story. I can't say too much more without giving away critical aspects of the story. But it was a good read, if there were a sequel I'd pick it up.

As far as the third (and fourth) book, it's an audio book and I'm about 45 minutes from the end so you'll have to wait until Thursday or Friday for me to talk about it.

I really need to start these earlier

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home