Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Donating Platelets

I donated platelets this morning, so I don't have a lot of time to blog. Generally I imagine myself to be so busy that it's tough to spare the two and half hours required to donate, and so I end up feeling guilty. Sometime I think meaningless guilt like this rules my life and I need to just ignore it. I mean yeah there are other things I could be doing during those two hours, but let's not kid ourselves here it's not like I'm really all that effective. Two hours of my time is probably only like 15 minutes for someone who's truly effective. And at the end of the process I'm helping someone out who probably really needs it.

I watched A History of Violence. It was actually pretty good, though it earned the "R" rating it had. Not quite what I was in the mood for, but it fit my primary criteria: something short enough that I could definitely finish it while on the machine, and something that my wife wouldn't care if I saw without her.

Somewhere a burn victim is thanking me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home