Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Insomnia

Well I think I ended up getting around 3 hours of sleep last night. It's really my own fault, I was so busy yesterday that I didn't eat, and when I got home my kids wanted to do family home evening which consisted of setting up the tent we bought for the family reunion for the first time. So by the time I got a chance to eat I was famished, and really overdid it. So when I went to bed I was overfull, plus it was really hot (104 yesterday) so even the little sleep I did get was not great. Plus, though I am somewhat loath to admit it, I was experiencing no small amount of excitement about the Alpe d'Huez stage. Coverage of the stage was starting at 5 am, and sometimes the mere fact that I'm planning on waking up early will disturb my sleep, in any case I didn't get a lot.

As you can imagine I'm not happy about it, but this was actually a pretty good day to do it. You see we bought a new mattress and it's arriving today (it better arrive today). So even though last night was bad, it's my hope that tonight will be much better. Nevertheless I'm sure that I will suffer today. It's a good thing that I bought a fan for work, or the heat of the afternoon would surely put me into a coma. The really annoying thing is that just as I started to think I might be able to get some sleep the stage coverage started...

As I mentioned yesterday I got my Dreamblade demo kit the other day. It was accompanied by a letter which said that I was an influential gamer, that's good to know. :) I had already looked at a retailer demo kit, and I knew that they got a single starter along with a bunch of swag (promo pieces, a nicer map, etc.) and so that's what I expected. Instead my kit contained two starters and two boosters, and while I missed the swag, I still would have much rather gotten what I did. The minis look amazing, and it's great to have some of it in my hot little hands in advance of the actual release. Now I just need to get out and do some demos at some of the local stores.

Once the stage finishes I may post something later, particularly if it ended up being especially exciting.

Can't sleep, clown will eat me

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is a "Can't sleep clown" ?

Coffee will save you.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."
--Mentat Coffee Mantra

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home