Thursday, June 29, 2006

Still tired

Last night was another late night. Not as bad as the night before, but I will say that I'm desperately looking forward to sleeping in or taking a nap on Saturday (possibly both). My friend from Moscow was in town and he wanted to get together and play some Champions. I'll spare you the gruesome details of what all exactly is involved in playing this horribly complicated system, but it was still a lot of fun.

He was available Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Since Monday was a family get-together and Tuesday was Soccer and a Track Meet I decided to do it on Wednesday, not realizing (or perhaps not remembering) that my wife had a get together at our house that same night. Fortunately my wife was very understanding (above and beyond the call) and me and my friends took the downstairs while my wife took the upstairs. So everything ended up working out okay.

In any event as usual I'm looking forward to the weekend. So far there's nothing scheduled, which may be the nicest part of all. I'd like to take Monday off and make it a four day weekend, but I think I already figured out that if I want to take off time for reunion and GenCon that I can't take any additional time off between now and then.

There are never enough days off

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever you do, don't take off Monday unless you've really got somewhere to go. So many people will be gone Monday that it will be like a holiday at work -- very restful.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Hello Ross, I better let you know I am one of your regular visitors. So, if you say bad things about me I'll find out. I've tried to be a bloggist myself, but wandering aimlessly still: http://prefrontal-cortex.blogspot.com/

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleeping in Thursday helped me alot.
Gotta love paid days off. :)

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much for your pridiction for Ulrich. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060630/ap_on_sp_ot/cyc_tour_de_france_suspensions

Who will win the Tour now?

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home