Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It goes

Ghana lost to Brazil, and with that the last time I really wanted to do well is out. It's somewhat interesting to note that I really wanted Brazil to get beat when the tournament first started, but now, because of how ugly all the other soccer has been and how beautiful the Brazils have been playing I think I might be changing my mind and want them to take it all. I also have a great deal of sympathy of the neurotic English fans, so I wouldn't mind seeing them go all the way either, but mostly I'm just using it to pass the time until the Tour starts.

In addition to picking Ullrich as the man to take it all (or place really high) I am also going to predict the order I think the top Americans will finish in (relative to one another):

1- Levi Leipheimer
2- George Hincapie
3- Floyd Landis
4- David Zabriskie
5- Bobby Julich

Speaking of predictions I went to lunch with my brother-in-law and he decided to go out on a limb and make some predictions. His first was that someone who has moved once a year for the last 17 years will move again in the next five years. He then went on to predict that someone we know who is in their 30s will live at least another 5 years, and finally, as his coup de grace, he predicted that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will not remain married till "death do them part". As you can imagine him I complimented him on the guts he displayed in making such risky and improbable predictions. Now we'll have to see if the couragous predictions of this maverick prognostigator actually come to pass.

I'll predict that someone from Europe or South Africa will win the World Cup

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You stopped short of predicting an American on the podium. I think there will be one, just not sure who.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of watching other people ride bicycles, why don't you ride your own?
I'm ramping up for a 100-miles in August, want to go riding?

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one prediction I forgot - at some point reality TV in the USA will go so far as to show people getting maimed or killed. Sort of like "The Running Man" (1987) come true.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home