Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Leaving on a jet plane

Well I'm leaving this afternoon to head to Oakland to visit my old college friend (and frequent blog commentor) Ed. He's studying to become a Dominican Priest and he takes his Solemn Vows on Saturday. In the half dozen or so years he's been there I've never been to visit, so I thought this was a good an excuse as any. Besides the actual vows on Saturday there's not much actually scheduled, which is my idea of an ideal vacation.

I think I'll watch a few World Cup games (Catholics are generally pretty big soccer fans). I might also try to finally catch X3 or maybe some other movie. And of course I figure at minimum I'd try and get in at least one good fresh seafood meal, and maybe a couple of seistas. Like I said an ideal vacation. And it's actually cooler there than it is here...

In any case that means that there probably won't be an entry on Thursday or Friday, but who knows maybe I'll post something while I watch Ghana beat the US. Speaking of soccer, we got the kids all set up last night, and by some miracle I didn't end up having to coach one of the teams. I guess some parents experience even more guilt than I do. The set up they have is really cool, they have a different color jersey for each team, which come with shorts and matching socks. You should see it on my youngest. I think the jersey comes down past her knees, and the shorts basically go to her ankles, but she looks very, very cute.

Yes, I think I did jinx the Mavs

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally went and saw "Thank you for Smoking" a satrical look at lobbyist.

If you miss the movie, please read the book, same title.

Funnier than "A Parie Home Companion"

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can add the USA Soccer team to your "hit list" of jinxed teams...

The next round should provide some interesting match-ups.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can add the USA Soccer team to your "hit list" of jinxed teams...

The next round should provide some interesting match-ups.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for coming!

BTW... Portugal 1, Netherlands 0.

You strike again.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home