Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Superman Returns

I'm quite tired today. For reasons that I'm still a little unclear on I decided to go to the the premiere showing of Superman Returns yesterday. It started at 10 pm, which wasn't too bad, but it's also 154 minutes long, so by the time I got to bed it was after 1 am. Also since it was kind of a last minute decision our seats weren't all that great, but they weren't as bad as I feared either. A few points about the show:

1- Jimmy Olsen was great.
2- Routh nailed the Clark Kent side of the role
3- Spacey was good, but he didn't steal the show (primarily because he had Posey around)
4- Whatever flaws it might have, I can't imagine that a movie created by McG, Ratner or even (perhaps especially) Burton would have been anywhere near as good
5- Poor James Marsden, it looks like he might end up permenantly typecast as the guy who's always the second choice
6- It was clearly better than X3
7- The epilogue did drag a little bit
8- The threat was a little weak

I'd give it 9 out of 10.

Super tired

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home