Friday, July 07, 2006

If it wasn't Friday someone would die

As you can tell from the title I'm glad it's Friday. I got the bad news today that the DireKobold.com hard drive is dead. I should have a pretty recent backup, so it's not the end of the world, but it's obviously still very annoying. Oh well so it goes. Other than that things are pretty much going normal, including having at least one kid throwing up (the youngest for those of you keeping track at home). This along with a couple of other things derailed the family gaming night that was going to take place tonight. I should still get my D&D fix with the friends campaign tomorrow, but it's not the same as the family campaign.

The weekend should be a good one for sports. The World Cup final is on Sunday, and the 3rd place game is on Saturday, but even more importantly the first time trial of the Tour is tomorrow morning. That's when we'll really see who the possible contendors are. My sense is that it could be pretty close, I really don't see anyone blowing everyone else out of the water, but you never know. I'm excited to see it unfold. I'll be on my exercise bike, putting out about 1/100th the power that they do, but I'll be with them in spirit.

Speaking of which I guess I never brought you up to speed on my exercising. As usual the Tour has inspired me to get back on the bike, but least a little girl on a pink bike with streamers pass me (hopefully she'll be kind enough to ring her little bell to let me know she's about to overtake me) I decided to get on the exercise bike first and get a couple of virtual miles in my legs before I try and rack up any actual miles. I did 45 minutes on Saturday, another 30 on Monday and Thursday and hopefully I'll get in another 45 (or possibly an hour if I'm particularly ambitious) tomorrow.

I really hate computers sometimes

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your server ... isn't this the second hard drive that's died on you?

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch the WC Finals? Too bad the whole head-butt thing happened. I thought France would've been able to win it, since they seemed to be on the attack, but geez.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home