Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Linerider Addict

Not sure if I'm the last person in the country to discover this, I guess it was recently featured in Time, but on the off chance you haven't heard of it yet you should really check it out. It's at linerider.com, though I warn you it's highly addictive. Though my own course is at the point where I can start it and go get lunch, and come back in time to see what happens with the latest segment I added. So I suppose I have regained some productivity from it's fell clutches.

GenCon SoCal is Thursday through Sunday. And I'll be attending for the first time. Three factors went into my decision, the Dreamblade 10k tournament, the fact that my friend Wil would be there covering said tournament, and the chance to get a little bit of business done. I'm reasonably nervous about the tournament, but less nervous than for my 1k, probably because while I thought there was an outside chance of winning the 1k, I have no illusions about my chances of winning the 10k. I should have practiced more, but Neverwinter Nights came out at precisely the wrong time. I think, in all honesty, that I'm pretty good at delaying play for work, but delaying one play for another play, even if the stakes are higher, is something I'm still not very good at. Of course I'll let you know how it goes. Worst case scenerio if I lose the first few rounds of the 10k I can drop and help Wil cover the rest of it. Plus there's a 1k the next day for those who didn't make the finals of the 10k.

The soft bigotry of low expectations

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally got Linerider working on my Linux box using the FlashPlayer 9 beta standalone version -- nothing but ceased productivity for the rest of the day! Oh, and when I lose my job I'll be moving my family into your basement ... I get your office.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I needed that when I had a desk job.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Medsker said...

I've been playing it for a while but the guy rolls forward to easy so I got bored with it.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Line Rider Blog said...

I can attest that line rider is addictive. Check out some of these amazing videos made from line rider

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home