Friday, November 03, 2006

Meandering afternoon thoughts

I don't really know that I have the time to blog, but some part of me feels that it's necessary. Thomas Sowell, one of my all-time favorite columnists, will occasionally do "Random Thoughts on the Passing Scene", short ideas about what's been on his mind recently. Given my aforementioned constraints I thought that might make a good format for today's entry.

-If you think the world you live in has anything worthwhile there are two ways to pass it on: children and acculturation of other cultures... Neither of these are very popular at the moment.

-Neverwinter Nights 2 has horrible camera controls, why would they put a WASD system into place and not have it work like every other WASD system in the world.

-There's never enough time to do all the things I want to do. I guess that means I have to break the laws of physic and give myself more time, or want to do fewer things.

-The snowmobiliers and the cross-country skiers in Utah are enganged in a tremendous battle over some new Forest Service regulations. Both sides claim that the FS is screwing them and in bed with their opponents.

-Despite the horrible camera, overall I'm enjoying NWN2. I just need to find the time to play it.

-I've never minded having democrats get elected in Utah, since our democrats are most other peoples moderate Republicans, but the argument that a moderate Utah democrat indirectly leads to people like Pelosi being Speaker, and Kucinich being chairman of the National Security Committee, carries a fair amount of weight.

-Three weeks between the new Dreamblade expansion being released and a major tournament may be enough time for single basement dwelling males, but I don't think it's going to be enough for me.

-The labor market in Utah is really tight, and the dam has started to burst. Just today in the IT deparment it's one person's last day, another gave his two weeks, and another had an interview (still another was told he had a week to turn things around or he would be fired, but that's not a symptom of the labor market.)

Scattered and ineffectual

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't they just release DB? Man, that's a fast expansion.

2:17 PM  
Blogger DireKobold said...

August 9th to October 27th, so a little less than three months. So their basic schedule is four sets a year three 60 mini sets and one 96 set. Which is basically what the do with Magic.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It gets to be a pretty impressive investment. Woe be to the late starters.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home