Saturday, November 18, 2006

SoCal Dreamblade 10k

Well I have just a few minutes while my room mate talks to his girlfriend to blog about what happened at the 10k. As usual I'm annoyed with how I did. I hardly had any time at all to practice before the event, so my expectations were quite low. So if someone had told me, you'll end up winning $250 dollars and getting 750 points I would have been stoked. As it turns out that's exactly what happened and the only emotions I'm experiencing are anger and regret.

See the way the tournament was supossed to work, based on the website is that there would be 7 rounds. Anyone who went 5-2 would make it to the second day and play in more swiss rounds. As it turns out attendence was kind of low, 55 I think, and as a result they decided to cut out the swiss rounds and go straight to the top 8, which is where the single elimination normally starts at a 10k. Making it into the top 8 guarantees you $500, and 1000 points. And is a much better option than playing in the 1k on Sunday (particularly since with me having to catch a cab at 5:00 I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it) since it starts later and would run shorter. In any case to finally give you the punch line, I went 5-2 and ended up in 9th place, just shy of the cut-off.

The low points were of course my two losses. The first happened while I was playing in the "featured match" (a synopsis of that game may show up on the Wizards website if it does I'll post a link). I made at least three collosaly stupid mistakes, I mean truly hall of fame worthy goofs, any of which probably cost me the game. The second loss was the most unlucky series of spawn rolls possible for my particular band, not just a couple but like 6 in a row... My opponent was amazed at how bad my luck was. The high point was beating the #2 guy in the world in my final match (particularly since he was #1 in the world up until a week ago, and at the time I thought that the win put me into the top 8).

In any case as usual I should be happy, and at some point I will be happy. Just not now.

Happiness and I are not currently on speaking terms

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coming in 9 out of 55 is not bad at all!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to tell you that your final thought is very profound, but due to my maternal instincts toward those you harangue, i will hold back any accolades until i know your character better.

No i don't always talk like that.
Yes i am kinda serious.
the blog in question is bonehead eric's
and yes i am being facetious

i do like the last thought. rather profound.
=]
so why the change to google? i started msn and have one here as of yesterday - just curious

yeah - i do talk a lot

11:45 PM  
Blogger Medsker said...

Is it just me or did anyone else not understand anything "tigg" wrote?

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a word.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home