Thursday, February 08, 2007

5 minutes

Well I have about five minutes here, so we'll see what I can put down. I went to the doctor and she decided that I had parainfluenza, not a cold but not quite the flu either, whatever that means. She says she's seen a lot of cases where people bronchial passages get really inflamed, causing a shortness of breath and trapping mucus and other stuff. So you cough to try and bring it up, but the passages are so tight that your cough is mostly unproductive. The key way of telling was to blow into this little device she had for measuring air outflow. At my height and age they expect 600 (not sure what the units are) the first time I got 250, the second time I got 325 and the fourth time I got 400 but it caused a massive coughing fit. So she gave me this new type of inhaler, it's pretty dang cool, it has these micro doses of the stuff and by taking the cap on and off it loads a new dose each time. It even has a counter to tell you how many doses are left. She also said I should start using a humidifier, so I'll start that tonight. Hopefully now that it's finally being treated it won't be long before it's gone.

5 minutes is up

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I used that same thing here last year about this time. I had a coughing fit for about 3 months. Didn't stop it right away, but it did help.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're hacking up your lungs, and you invited us over. What to infect us all? If I get sick, it's all your fault.

6:01 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

Hey, just as long as you as well or better than that kid in Stephen King's old book "It" you should do OK.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home