Friday, February 02, 2007

Super Bowl

The Super Bowl is on Sunday. I trust that most people hardly need reminding of that fact, but I run with a weird crowd, so I thought it might need repeating. As is customary I really don't have a horse in this race, which means that I default to the AFC team because of their 1-15 drought from 1982-1997. And I like Indy for other reasons, GenCon is held right next to the stadium, and I think Peyton Manning deserves to win the big game. However it's like I was telling my co-worker at lunch. If Indy went up 24-3 and Chicago started staging a big comeback my underdog reflexes would kick in, and I'd probably switch to cheering for Chicago.

The ironic thing is that I'm going to be at my parents on Sunday. So that huge new TV we bought, at a Superbowl sale, is not going to get used for watching the biggest TV event of the year. Though you can bet I'll be watching the Tour on it.

As I mentioned I'll be up at my parents on Sunday. Normally there is a subtle sense of disapproval about watching the Superbowl while we're up there. I mean it's on, but you get the feeling that, while you can glance at it as you pass through the family room, sitting down and really getting into it would be frowned upon. But this time we're celebrating my younger brother's birthday, and he already sent out an e-mail saying he was planning on watching the Superbowl. He then asked if that were okay. I told him that it was his birthday and that we didn't have a choice we had to do what he wanted. I'm hoping that will do the trick.

I just watch for the commercials

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But, you can just download/stream the commercials now on the internet.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you don't use the large-scren TV to watch/cheer for the Jazz or any other team I like, it's ok with me, but I probably don't carry much weight.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home