Monday, April 30, 2007

After Action Report

I stayed up way too late on both Friday and Saturday, though I managed to get to bed a little bit early on Sunday, so I'm not too bad off today. Friday was the family campaign, we didn't get quite as far as I wanted, but we did managed to cover some pretty significant territory. We're actually planning on playing again on Saturday (mostly because the weekend of the 12th and the 19th are out) so that will be three weekends in a row. At the same time as the family campaign one of my friends was having a bbq for all of his employees, a group I am nominally a member of, so at 10:00 when the family campaign ended I called him up to see if it was still going on. As it turned out it was, and before I knew it was 1:30 before I dragged myself back home.

I tried to sleep in Saturday, but a combination of the kids, the light and my sense of responsibility got me up by 8:00. I had quite a bit on my to-do list on Saturday, but near the top of the list was seeing "Hot Fuzz". I already had dinner plans up in Ogden, so the only showing I would be around for was the 10:30 pm showing. So once again it was after 1:00 am before I got to bed, and once again responsibility, light and kids kept me from realizing my dreams of a nice "lie in".

As far as a review of "Hot Fuzz"... Everyone I talked to said that it was better than "Shaun of the Dead" (the other movie by this writing/directing/acting team). I would disagree, I'd call it a tie. Which is still an awful lot of praise for "Hot Fuzz", I really have only one reservation that keeps me, from well, unreservedly recommending it. It's pretty heavy on the gore. Other than that if you want to see a really funny movie, definitely go see "Hot Fuzz".

Well, I wouldn't argue that that was a no-holds-barred, adrenalin fuelled thrill ride, but there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.

I think you would have made a great Muppet...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RE: 9/11 conspiracy buffs, did you notice that a good chunk of the steel support in a highway overpass melted when a tanker truck exploded in Oakland? Apparently, gas fires CAN weaken steel.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/30/BAGSVPI7K017.DTL

10:53 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

What's your source of the off beat entertainment?

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home