Thursday, April 26, 2007

Discovery Channel

I stayed up too late again last night, it's that damn Discovery Channel. All of their good programs come on between 10 and 11 pm. Sunday night it was "Planet Earth", Tuesday night it was "The Deadliest Catch" and last night it was "Mythbusters". Though I really shouldn't take out my anger on the Discovery Channel since they re-broadcast everything multiple times, and if I just wanted to wait a week, generally whatever new show I stayed up until 11 watching would be rebroadcast from 9-10 the next week, right before the new one (and that's how the whole viscious cycle starts).

It's not so much that going to bed at 11:00 is really all that bad for someone who wakes up at 7:00. Many if not most people would be happy to get 8 hours a night, but of course it's not like I go to bed right at 11:00, I have to check on all my kids, Open/Close windwos, get undressed, and all the other nightly rituals. And then of course I never sleep straight through to 7:00 either, that's just when the alarm is set, I generally wake up about 5:30 or 6:00 and have to go to the bathroom and from that point out I may get a little more sleep but nothing one would brag about.

One night of this is not so bad, but if I'm already sleep deprived, say from overdoing it on the weekend say (Warning: try not to picture it), then that little bit of missing sleep really lends a bite to the sleep deficit I'm already carrying. Caffeine helps, but there's only so much you can do with that before you're going to bed even later, and waking up to pee even earlier. Just like the Discovery Channel it's a vicious cycle.

Great White Sharks are scary

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if those Discovery shows will come out on DVD's any time soon. I simply gave up trying to stay on top of them.

4:14 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

DVDs would be excellent, especially since I'm out of the viewing area most of the time. Trying to catch up is the trap for me. I liked the History Channel stuff too.

As far as sleep habits go I'm a regular 11 to 6 / 7 type now. Going off that pattern throws a monkey wrench into the system.

I truly see trouble on the horizon though. My better half can't manage before the wee hours while the one's passing down the traits I'm to inherit are snoozing by 9 p.m.

*sigh*

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the History channel for me, the local cable company decided to use the west coast feed, so all the shows are an hour later than advertised. :P

7:29 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

They have the 5 disc set of Planet Earth at Netflix, and it's narrated by David Attenborough. No offence to Sigourney Weaver, but I don't think her voice works well with the nature movie format.

And we get the East coast feed so all the good shows are on at 8 and 9. muahahahaha!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home