Friday, April 06, 2007

British Humor

Like many people I'm a big fan of British Humor, from Monty Python to Red Dwarf and points in between. Even The Economist has a sense of humor, as illustrated by this opening paragraph of the article on the evolution of mammals:

As with other fields of human endeavour science has its myths. One of the best known goes like this. Once upon a time, the world was dominated by dinosaurs. Mammals were tiny, nocturnal and crept around minding their own business. Then one day a big, bad asteroid came along and wiped out all the dinosaurs. The mammals shouted "Yipee", lept out of their burrows and took over. In the end, therefore, Homo sapiens rather than Tyrannosaurus rex became top animal.

Anyway that's all I have for today. I'm looking forward to getting a lot done over the weekend. Perhaps I'll tell you about it some time.

A bad case of the Fridays

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A twist on a classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP7tgFBYoMg

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up in a house with a father who liked British comedies. Are You Being Served? is the one I seem to remember him watching more than any other, most time laughing hysterically. That's one good memory I have of growing up, the time I witnessed the old man laugh himself to tears.

11:24 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

Learning the history of All in the Family had British roots opened up a new level of appreciation for me as well.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home