Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Presentation

So tomorrow one of my friends is pitching his business in front of 28+ angel investors and venture capitalists. The way it works is that they break the investors up into groups of 2-4 and you get seven minutes with each group, four for the actual pitch and three for questions. Four minutes is a pretty short time to pitch an entire business idea, particularly a complex one (which my friends happens to be). Because of course it's not just the idea, you have to cover the market, the competition, the problems your company is going to solve, the management team, etc. etc.

I helped him put together a lot of his research so he wants me to be there to help answer questions. It's a lunch time meeting so initially I was just going to arrange to take a long lunch, but it's grown to the point that I've decided to just take tomorrow off. It looks scary and exciting as most worthwhile things are. I'll let you know how it went on Thursday since I won't probably get around to blogging tomorrow.

I'll tell you that getting ready for the pitch (which we found out about less than a week ago) has been very tiring and time consuming. But there's part of me that really loves the big crunch times when lesser men fall by the wayside. Still as exciting as it's been, even more exciting, tomorrows high is suppossed to be 56 (today's is 88). I love the cold and the rain...

If you haven't figured it out, I'm being somewhat coy

1 Comments:

Blogger aozora said...

Break a leg!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home