Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sleepy

So for reasons to numerous to go into, Wednesday morning 5:30 am found me at Kinko's getting the flip chart for our presentation printed, my last act before heading home to get three or four hours of sleep before the actual event. In most cases where you find yourself at Kinkos in the wee hours of the morning getting something printed, you can clearly identify how the Student Syndrome played into your predicament, but this time I don't think it played much of a factor. I mean we didn't really find out about the extent and details of the event until Friday, and between then and the event there wasn't much fat to be cut, if any. To put it another way, there was no built in buffer which we squandered.

In any case things went really well. We had a lot of interest. Not only after the pitch but before. Several people said that our business was the one going in that they were the most excited to hear about. At the end of pitch the entrepreneurs all step back for a minute while the investors write down some comments and check a little box indicating whether they want to hear more. We'll get that information tomorrow sometime, but we've already had a couple of investors e-mail us wanting to set up lunches. So overall I expected it to go pretty well and it went great, surpassing even my relatively optimistic expectations.

Obviously once it was over I took a nap. Fortunately it was the perfect (at least for me) afternoon for it. It was cool, overcast and raining, so I could open the windows and let the soft sounds of rain and the cool breeze lull me to sleep. It doesn't get any better than that.

Transformers... More than meets the eye

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it went well! Keep us posted.

9:46 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

A picture perfect "It just doesn't get any better than this." moment. Congrats. Can't wait to hear what develops.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home