Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Two days in a row!

For those who doubted my resolution yesterday, of blogging every day for a month well who's laughing now? Two days in a row! Of course part of the problem of blogging late one night and then the next morning is that not a lot has happened in that time. However I am saved, for now, by the fact that, as many of you have pointed out I haven't blogged that regularly in a long time so I have a bunch of stuff saved up. Not enough to last for 31 days I imagine, but enough that I should be able to get through today at least without any problems.

Let's start off by talking about the Cubs. Well as you may or may not have heard the Cubs have made it into the playoffs. As usual hope springs eternal, but they have the very worst regular season record of any of the teams who made it into the playoffs so I'd have to give them an even worse chance than the 1 in 8 a team defaults to (which are not great odds to begin with). This is fine with me, I know all the die-hard fans will hate me for saying this but I'd rather they didn't win it all this year. It's too close to the Red Sox and the White Sox breaking their long droughts. If the Cubs do it now it will be kind of a "so what? everyone is doing it." I think my ideal situation is if they come really close and then something horrible happens (within the context of the game I'm not talking about people dying or anything) then the myth would just increase.

Yes, I'm something of a contrarian

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really don't need to cheer for the Cubs -- or the Jazz. They're ok, trust me.

12:42 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

ed, you are a funny, funny guy. ;-D

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home