Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Update

I just got off the phone with my sister, who had just gotten off the phone with my brother. He was having some problems with nausea this morning, but I guess when she had talked to him he was starting to develop an appetite and feeling okay. I guess the doctor wants to keep him in the hospital until Friday or Saturday, which is one indication of the severity of the situation, and then he's supposed to take an additional two weeks off of work after that. He's also in school getting his master's degree, I can only imagine that he's going to have to write this term off, but maybe not, he's a lot more dedicated and focused then I am (particularly when I was his age).

At this point it looks probable that someone will fly down tonight. There's a pretty cheap flight and as I've consistently argued, if someone is going to go down anyway we might as well make it sooner rather than later. One of the debates is whether, if we bring him back here to recover (after he's released from the hospital) which seems likely, would it be better for him to lay in the back of a van and be driven home, or sit in first class and fly home. In understand it can be pretty painful to sit after abdominal surgery, but I would also imagine that a 12+ hour drive is worse.

Okay I just got another phone call from my sister and she and my mom are flying down tonight, which is good. I'll definitely worry less. Of course that will mean that my wife will probably spend some time watching my sister's two oldest kids, which may make things interesting, but I think we'll manage. Anyway, other than my brother my time has been mostly spent trying to finalize our short investor presentation before giving it to a group of people this afternoon, who aren't investors but are about as close as you can get.

Once more into the breach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home