Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sleep

The other day I was talking to a friend of mine about Polyphasic Sleep, which has always intrigued me. I'm pretty sure that I couldn't do the hard-core 45 minutes of sleep every four hours like some people. But the idea of sleeping less at night and then taking a siesta everyday definitely appeals to me. And now that I'm working for myself I could actually do it. Though I realized this morning as I was thinking about it that it will be even easier to do once school starts since beginning this year all of the kids will be in school (afternoon kindergarten for the youngest).

One of the questions is whether I should just nap at the office or whether I should go home. Home is only a few minutes away so it's not like it's a big trip, but I do find that if I can lay down the instant I recognize that I'm getting sleepy that I can fall right to sleep, and I do have a pad and a pillow here (though to be fair they could be more comfortable...)

Anyway I'll let you know how it goes. I'm not completely convinced that I'm going to do it, I think I have to figure out the logistics of it first, and of course talk to the wife about it. But if Winston Churchill swore by it then I think that's good enough for me.

I could use a nap right now in fact

1 Comments:

Blogger aozora said...

Didn't Ben Franklin have a similar habit?

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home