Monday, August 04, 2008

GenCon

I've been so busy that I haven't had much time to anticipate GenCon this year. And in fact things were in so much doubt that for quite a while my attendance was in doubt. But I'm definitely and it's definitely next week... Holy crap! Fortunately while I do plan on doing quite a bit of business while I'm there I don't have any big presentation to prep. I am running a D&D Session while I'm there. I'm converting G3: Hall of the Fire Giant King to Fourth edition. We'll have to see how that goes. I'm actually thinking it will be pretty straight forward, but we'll have to see.

This is the first year since it started that I haven't done True Dungeon. It's always been a lot of fun, but the stress of trying to get a slot and the expense, has just made it too annoying. Perhaps I'll try again next year. What I'd really like to see happen is for my business to start doing well enough that money isn't a huge worry and then for them to double the price of the tickets, or at least set a ticket price where the primary qualifier for a ticket is devoting a whole day to clicking on links trying to find a session with some openings.

In any case, as always, I expect to have a huge amount of fun, it will be a nice vacation and I'm really grateful to all the people in my life who are making it possible. In particular my wife who could very reasonably have said that it was too much. Although at least this year it's not happening on our wedding anniversary (I fly back on our anniversary... so I'll be able to take her out for dinner that evening.)

Let's roll some dice!

1 Comments:

Blogger aozora said...

Congrats on the anniversary timing. Your wife certainly deserves the night out if that is what she likes.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home