Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Perfect Record

Since moving to the new blog space I haven't missed a day (not including weekends which aren't on the schedule). I know that I will eventually, but not today. Of course I still need something to write about. I could talk about my back.

Every so often the middle three vertebra sort of fuse. Not actually, but the muscles tighten due to stress and bad posture and suddenly I have no flexibility in that area. The pain ranges from mild discomfort to kill-me-now, and generally radiates around the side of my body through the ribs and up the spine into my shoulders. I've got some streches which help, though they can take a while to kick in. But yesterday afternoon nothing was working. Not only did the stretches fail to relieve the pain, but it was at the kill-me-now level. It hasn't been that bad for several years (or my memory fades as soon as I'm no longer in pain).

So besides wishing someone would put me out of my misery, not a lot happened yesterday, or at least not a lot worth writing about. Perhaps tonight will be more noteworthy.

A slave to the internet

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those stretches are supposed to be used preventatively as well as curatively.

Also, why don't you see if you can get an appointment with your company's massage therapist? I'd be happy to have you home 30 minutes late if you felt better.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I just went through a similar thing. I was basically locked up in one position, and when they "unlocked me" in the ER, they had to try to Morphine me up as they held me down. Fun fun fun. At least I got to take narcotics for a week.

I'm hoping some good physical therapy will help me. The drugs are starting to wear off.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should listen to your wife and take better care of yourself. You could stand to loose a pound or two - and after you get your hair cut, you might think about a diet!

Oh, and trim that beard. You are taking this Grizly Adams theme just a little too far.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, when are you going to go bicycling with me again?
You been saying for years your going to ride a Century. Just do it, it'll make you feel better.
Like Fredrick Neitche said, "What doesn`t kill me, makes me stronger!!!"
If you go slow, it'll take longer.

And friends don't let friends ride slow.

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't yourwife just lovely? But see if you can up the bargain to greeting you 30 minutes later in an apron, pearls and high heels. I've been told that makes any husband feel better. ;-)

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home