Friday, May 26, 2006

Summer movies

I briefly entertained the idea of taking a long lunch today and going to see X-men III, but eventually I decided that it was too much time to be gone from work, so I didn't. Certainly I would like to see it eventually, but unless you're a "true believer" (bonus points if you make the connection there) opening day is not exactly the optimal time to go to a movie. Plus based on the seven minutes of footage I saw (shown on the internet and during X-Men 1 and 2 on FX) and the trailers, it just doesn't resonate with me in the same way the first two movies did. But I can't point to a specific reason why that would be.

Of course as everyone knows, Bryan Singer, the director for the first two movies, left to work on Superman. So part of my problem comes from comparing the X-men trailers vs. the Superman trailers. There seems to be a depth to the latter which is lacking in the former. But even so depth, and a lack of resonance are hardly concreate objections. I plan on watching both, so it won't remain a mystery for ever eventually I will know if one is better (IMHO) than the other.

As far as other summer movies I'm looking forward to: The Break-Up (big Vince Vaughn fan), Cars (Owen Wilson AND Pixar? how can you miss), A Prairie Home Companion (never really liked Altman that much, but I'm willing to give this a shot just based on the cast), Nacho Libre (Jack Black, need I say more?), Click (Kate Beckinsale =P~ ). I'm sure there are others as well, but that's what I could remember off the top of my head.

Pseudo-cinephile

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

X3 was awesome, I kill fatbeards that say otherwise.

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home