Thursday, May 18, 2006

Leaving on a jet plane

I'm headed to a wedding in Arizona this weekend, so there will be no blog tomorrow. I'm announcing it in advance so I can maintain my perfect posting record in the new space. It's probably already too hot in Arizona for any sane person, but that may be more a reflection of my unusually strict definition of sanity, than a reflection of how hot it actually is.

Though I have lived in Salt Lake most of my adult life I was raised in Ogden, Salt Lake's ugly stepchild (Provo, for those that are curious, is Salt Lake's sanctimonious little sister.) It's pretty infrequent that Ogden makes the national news, but today just happens to be one of those days (I found the story though AIM's homepage). 70,000 beer cans were found in an Ogden Townhouse. What's particularly interesting about the story is that it happened last year. The property manager e-mailed the photos to some friends and it turned into one of those e-mails that gets forwarded thousands of times.

Ogden: eventually the fame associated with being my birthplace will overshadow the 70,000 cans of beer

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up there, in a suburb of Ogden, but I have a hard time saying it's home. Ok, I don't want to admit it's home. Nice, I like your discription of Provo.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say something hurtful and mean, but I just realized there is nothing I could do to you that you have not already done to yourself.

* *

Enjoy your trip

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"24 beers a day for 8 years" -- wow!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be fair, it's Utah beer, so it's closer to 42,000 beers.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home