Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ouch!

You know how they say that that there is no bad publicity? I kind of feel the same about comments on my blog. It's like Oscar Wilde said, "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." But wow does my wife have some mean acquaintances. I thought the "Grizzly Adams" reference was a particularly low blow. Oh well, any true artist is going to engender some negativity, though rarely have I seen critics result to ad hominem attacks on an author's personal appearance.

Had someone asked me if my oldest daughter had seen School of Rock. I would have said yes, but as it turns out I would have been wrong. She hadn't seen it. When we discovered this last night, my wife leapt into action, grabbed the DVD off the shelf and stuck it into the DVD player, insisting that we start watching it that very second.

I had a meeting right before lunch, and I managed to fall asleep during the first half. It was kind of nice. I still have the headache I've had all morning, but at least I don't feel as groggy. Unfortunately in most meetings they get mad if you take a nap, luckily for me the first 30 minutes of the meeting had nothing to do with me so no one seemed to care that I dozed off. I think in general people get upset when you do other things in a meeting, and I understand that they feel that you don't value their time, but with some many meetings going long, or spending time on really meaningless stuff, I can't help but feel that if they don't value my time, why should I value theirs?

Wondering how I can sneak in another nap

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"School of Rock" made me like Jack Black. "King Kong" made me take it all back.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack Black being a part of Tenacious D pretty much ruined him for me, for good - feel free to check out some of the song titles and lyrics and you'll hopefully understand where I'm coming from ...

--john

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home