Monday, May 08, 2006

Meet the Author: Anton Chekhov

One of my friends pointed out a link to a " Meet the Author: Anton Chekhov" event. Of course it wasn't really Chekhov since he died in 1904, rather it was a comedy improv group staging a fake signing. Of course as you can imagine not a lot of people even know who Chekhov is, let alone whether he's still alive. The whole thing is quite funny, and it made me realize that at least once, before I die, I need to do something like that.

In other news I've finally started watching Firefly. Traditionally I would offer some excuse at this point for my tardiness and sloth, but I have no excuse. I should have watched it sooner. I should have watched it while it was one TV. I should have kidnapped all the Fox executives when they decided to cancel the show and only release them once they agreed to keep it on the air. Wow! I certainly have a lot of regrets.

*** Spoiler Alert ***

In the first episode when the federal agent is holding a gun to River's head, and Mal walks in through the cargo doors and shoots him in the head without even pausing, that's when I knew that I was watching something special.

*** End Spoiler Alert ***

I guess I'll just have to add this to my list of shows that died to young... Like... Sorry, I'm starting to tear up, and I can't really see the keyboard anymore, I guess I better just end here.

*whimper* ...Andy Richter... *sob*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I should have kidnapped all the Fox executives when they decided to cancel the show and only release them once they agreed to keep it on the air."

No Ross tell us if you really liked the show.

Fred

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meet chekov.

now that is some funniy sh... stuff.

i would have loved to be there.

and you are a little behind if you are just getting to firefly. even i have seen it.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the mormon traditional, I did my family's Firefly work by proxy. My Ithaca friends and I would gather on Friday nights to eat dinner, watch the latest Firefly and write petition letters both to Fox to keep it on the air and to the WB to pick it up.

I guess like all proxy work, I must wait until the next life to see the fruits of my labor. =(

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen the movie yet?

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home