Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Apparently I'm the Devil

So a funny thing happened while I was at the wedding on Friday. The ceremony had just ended and people were filling out of the Sealing Room past the bride and groom and their parents. While we were waiting in line my wife's aunt reminded her brother (my wife's uncle) that he was invited over to her house after the ceremony. She then mentioned that she didn't have any Coke so he would have to bring his own. As soon as she said that she put her hand to her mouth and said, "Opps, I probably shouldn't be talking about Coke in the Sealing Room."

Well the night before my wife's grandmother left the wedding dinner at the same time we did, headed in the same direction. Well as I left the Sealing Room I passed her and she said, "I tried to follow you last night, but you drive like the Devil." I caught up with my wife's aunt and said, "Don't worry about the Coke comment, Grandma just called me the Devil." Later at the aforementioned gathering at the aunt's house Grandma told of my devilish driving in great detail and with, I feel, some exaggeration.

Now I find that one of my friends has labeled me as satan, though this time it wasn't for my driving, but for getting him hooked on Galactic Civilizations II. I imagine that I'm probably more guilty of this latter charge than I am of the former and wholly innocent of neither.

This is a devil, and no monster. I will leave him; I have no long spoon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, just how many people did you get hooked on Gal Civ 2? Because, you know I'm one of your victims.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UNAGI!!!!!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UNAGI!!!!!!!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home