Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Imaginary Chickens

The next Dreamblade 10k tournament is next weekend (Dec 2-3). I need to travel to Seattle on business and there was a chance I could arrange it for it to happen on either the Friday before or the Monday after (as it turns out they won't be ready for me until sometime in January it looks like). Of course the most common question being asked at the SoCal 10k was whether people would be at the Seattle 10k, I kept telling people I might be, which I think most people took as an answer in the affirmative. Which in something of a feedback loop, pulled me in that same direction. Or as my wife said, "I was counting my chickens before they hatched."

Once I found out that I wasn't going to be up there anyway, I started thinking of ways I could justify going anyway. Or as I told my wife "I'm attached to the imaginary chickens." Unfortunately it's more an issue of time than money. If it was money I could work something out, go without something, move things around, do some work on the side, etc. Coming up with money is easy when compared with coming up with an extra weekend during the holidays. So at this point I think I'll pass on this one, I mean I have achieved my two big goals, I'm back to being the #1 player in Utah and I've qualified for next years 50k tournament, so I guess it's okay to take a break from Dreamblade for awhile.

In other news my back appears to have plateaued at sore and ridiculously stiff. When I bend over to try and touch my toes, I barely make it to my knees. So tomorrow I'm going to go into the employee health clinic and have them take a look, I'm expecting that they'll prescribe something.

I was never very flexible, but this is ridiculous

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, simply lying down on a heating pad is a good help. I find that back problems that aren't spine-related really vary very widely, even if the symptoms are sometimes the same, so find what works for you.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the first time I've seen the words vary and very used side by side, neat. Oh, and sorry to hear about your back Ross.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My condolences. And thanks for helping me realize an imploded hard disk is a petty frustration.

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home