Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Home sick

I stayed home from work today because I was violently ill last night. I'm having a hard time deciding what it was. My shoulder/neck has been bothering me since the weekend, so when I got home I took an anti-inflammatory. You're suppossed to take them with food or milk, but I wasn't hungry though I did take a swig of milk. A couple hours later I started to feel nauseated, so I thought it was a combination of the anti-inflammatory and not eating yet. So I scarfed down a donut and had a glass of milk. Shortly after that my wife got home from the christmas party (I had stayed home with my son who has strep) with a bunch of food so I ate that. Which didn't seem to help either.

At that point I just decided to go to sleep. An hour later I woke up and it was apparent that I had lost the battle. After that I prayed one more time to the porcelin altar, but then it was over (I still feel pretty crappy however). The shortness and violence makes me think it wasn't a bug, but it seems like it took too long for it to be a reaction to the medicine. The dots don't line up for food poisoning either. So I'm not sure what it is, but I figured if it was contagious I would do my co-workers a favor and not go to work.

Lunch, then nap

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blame it on Diet Coke...

Sorry buddy.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ross hates Diet Coke ... you can't fool me.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do not taunt the nectar of the gods.

8:02 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

My sympathies.

Post-stress and over-exertion hits me quick like that unlike bugs or bad food which take their time torturing me.

But maybe it was the donut. Should'a had a potato wedge instead. I hear they go well with Diet Coke.

3:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I wouldn't know ... if I remember correctly I was at the counter refreshing my Diet Coke when he stole the potato wedge. *sniffle*

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is "feel pretty crappy" in the same sentence with "porcelin (sic) altar" some sort of a pun?

I'd blame the family Christmas party food. No telling what kind of a bug you might pick up from one of those things. Everybody shows up, sick or not, and then proceeds to sneeze all over the food. You won't catch me eating at any buffet that doesn't have a sneeze guard.

10:58 AM  
Blogger aozora said...

"... if I remember correctly I was at the counter refreshing my Diet Coke when he stole the potato wedge. *sniffle*

Ooo, the plot thickens. So this bug could be like the ex-Russian spy poisoning thing, eh?

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home