Monday, December 18, 2006

Who knew Arizona was cold

The weekend was fun, but tiring. I spent most of the weekend being chilly. Which is fine, given the choice between burning up and freezing, I'll take the latter every time. And with Arizona it's so often the former. The coldest spot was when we went to Kitt Peak, it was quite cold and windy. I didn't mind it that much, but my sisters and my mother didn't enjoy themselves. I didn't know how bad it was until we returned to the visitor's center.

They had an infrared camera there that was hooked up to a TV. My dad and I were admiring the glowing veins of light that represented... well our veins when my youngest sister walked up. not only could you not see her veins on the infrared, but her hands were pitch black. I'm not sure what that was about, because her hands didn't feel that cold, perhaps she just has really poor circulation, or perhaps she has some sinister secret we aren't aware of. If this was a horror film the infrared camera would be our first clue that she was a witch or something like that.

A lot more happened, but I've run out of time in which to chronicle it, perhaps tomorrow. I will say that the commissioning was very cool and the airforce anthem, which I had never heard in its entirety has an amazing amount of panache:

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun now!)
Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
Off with one hell of a roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame. Hey!
Nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force!


Also I upgraded to the new version of blogger, so if you notice any weirdness, that's probably the source.

Going down in flames

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One change I noticed is that the Previous Posts don't change when you click on an old post. Not sure how I can get to older ones now beyond the last 10 ...

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home