Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Super Karate Monkey Death Car

While eating lunch in the company cafeteria I was reminded of the single greatest sitcom moment ever, here or abroad. It happened in an episode of News Radio, titled "Super Karate Monkey Death Car". I know I've mentioned it before, but like "It's a Wonderful Life" you're going to have to see it about once a year, and if you don't like it you can always change the channel. Jimmy James, played by Stephen Root (love that guy) wrote a book called "Jimmy James: Capitalist Lion Tamer". The book didn't do that well in the US, but when it was translated into Japanese it does great, so he decides to have it translated back into English, that's when, as they say, hilarity ensues... Some quotes:

I had a small house of brokerage on Wall Street... many days no business come to my hut... my hut... but Jimmy has fear? A thousand times no. I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey strong bowels were girded with strength like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo... dung.

...Glorious sunset of my heart was fading. Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match.

Question: "Mr. James, what did you mean when you wrote bad clown making like super American car racers, I would make them sweat, War War?"

Question: "What did you mean when you said, "Feel my skills, donkey donkey donkey, donkey donkey?"

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked him in "Dodgeball," although that was almost copying his character from "Office Space" (One of the single greatest movie roles. Ever)

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found the clip on YouTube. Check it out before it gets pulled - and no, I didn't put it there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFgTQWxKGsU

5:23 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

I've got a lot of catching up to do. Some day soon ...

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home