Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Weather

Well I went to the doctor yesterday. Apparently I'm still suffering from Low corpuscular volume, so he wants me to get an endoscopy. I had one in 2000 which is why he went staight for the colon back in October, but I guess it's time to go back in... I ended up scheduling it for Tuesday before I realized that that's the day I'm going to see Les Miserables. The procedure is at 7:30, so hopefully I'll be recovered enough to go to the theater, though it's tough to be sure, since I'm really susceptable to the sedative they use. I plan on telling them to crank it way, way down. I'm so far away from the discomfort side of things that I'm not really worried about getting too little.

It was actually the day to see health care professionals. Yesterday evening I went to the eye doctor. It turns out that my right eye has gotten quite a bit worse. We have vision insurance, which covered new lenses every year and new frames every other year, so I got a new set of glasses (though it will take a week for them to be ready). I have the hardest time picking out frames though. In the end I went with some that look about the same as the glasses I have now, but they come with magnetic clip-on sun glasses.

Later that night my back, feeling left out, went into pain overdrive, so I took a muscle relexant and went to bed about 9:00. Today there's still some twitches of pain, and instead of feeling well rested I'm still a little groggy from the muscle relaxant (see the first paragraph for a discussion of my low resistance to drugs). I think I need to go back to only taking half of one, when my back is giving me problems.

Old and infirm

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just recently got new glasses myself. The basis for picking them out was that they didn't dig into the side of my head. The eye doctor was really, really helpful in explaining how sizes in glasses work and the minimum size that would fit on my large head.

9:49 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

In this case I am not so concerned you aren't answering the emails that probably were spam-filtered again. ;-D

Hope you get to feeling better, these are the best days of your life. At least until the next best ones.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your back feels better. I've gradually been able to cut down on the doses of everything I took, and now only take OTC stuff a couple times a day. The heating pad is my best friend.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home