Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sleeping schedule

Things have actually calmed down a little bit and so I'm thinking of trying to napping idea. For awhile things were so crazy that my bedtime had been pushed back to like 2 or 3 am. But then this week the kids started summer school (it's called "Beyond the Basics") and they have to be up every morning at 8, which is kind of early if you went to bed at 3 am and didn't fall asleep until 4 am. The summer school is kind of cool, it's two weeks and there's sort of a theme. So my oldest daughter is doing some kind of history/archeology course while my oldest son is learning how to design web pages on a Mac. My #2 son is also in a course, but I don't remember off the top of my head what the theme is.

Anyway so the schedule I'm hoping to maintain is to go to bed at midnight, wake up at 6:30 and then take a two hour nap every afternoon. I did the waking up at 6:30 this morning, and of course since I haven't had the nap (and it's my first day). I'm pretty tired, but I'm optimistic that it will work out. My chances of success will be even better once school starts since my youngest will be in afternoon kindergarten. I mean that almost seems like a situation where the universe is laying out the "nap welcome mat" if you will.

Tour-wise it was a good stage, though none of the riders I was pulling for did as well as I'd hoped. Cunego finished 29th, 32 seconds behind the winner, Millar finished 39th, 51 seconds back. Kim Kirchen, riding for the American Team Columbia took yellow (by finishing 5th on the stage at four seconds back), so that's pretty cool. Evans and Valverde crossed the line in 2nd and 3rd, so they are shaping up to be the big contenders, though I still have my doubts about Evans' team. They didn't have to do any work and yet my man, Popovych, was the only one from the team who finished anywhere near the front (and he was 38th, 49 seconds back), on a stage that was really pretty minor compared to the really high mountains. I guess we'll know more come Monday.

Richard Nixon's Head: Hello Morbo, how's the family?
Morbo: Belligerent and numerous.

2 Comments:

Blogger aozora said...

"nap welcome mat"

Man-oman could I use one of those myself ... >8-)

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoughts on Beltran? My first thought was, "What the heck were you thinking?"

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home