Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fall TV schedule

I don't watch that much TV. Of course everyone says that. I guess what I mean when I say it is that I have a hard time following a particular TV show because I generally have a hard time predicting if I'm going to be home on any particular night (other than Wednesday) and I'm too cheap and too much of a neo-luddite to have Tivo. I am however perpetually amazed by the the new TV shows that the networks throw out every fall. I think that the Fall TV schedule is the single greatest proof of drug abuse in hollywood (Cop Rock anyone?). If you think I'm joking let's go through some of the new shows this fall:

90210: Yes you read that correctly. They're "rebooting" the 90210 series. Same basic premise, cameos by the old stars, etc. I'm having a hard time figuring out who this appeals to. The tweener demographic is not going to even remember the original series and are the 30-somethings who do remember it really still interested in that kind of stuff? Speaking of which...

Knight Rider: See what I said above. I don't really have anything against either of those shows per se, but if either or heaven forbid both of them succeed I can only imagine the flood of 80s reboots we'll see next year.

Hole in the Wall: A reality show where people have to form themselves into different shapes in order to avoid being pushed into the water. You think I'm kidding?

I could go on for another page easy, but I'm out of time. I'll let you be surprised when you're flipping through the channels come September and stumble upon the horrors of the Fall TV schedule.

Perhaps I'm a post-neo-luddite

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dare we hope for the "Manimal" or "Automan" remakes? Dare we?

3:24 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

""Hole," based on a Japanese format ..."
Of all the things they could steal from Japanese television ... The original was only a spot in a comedy-variety show, not the entire theme. Sad.

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they borrowed _anything_ from Japan (or most of the world), I wish it would be the closed story arc. You have a show for something like 8-60 episodes. And. That's. It.

Much better results for most dramas, and any comedies using story lines.

9:47 AM  
Blogger aozora said...

*two thumbs up*

ed is spot on.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home