Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Schedule

So as I mentioned yesterday I'm hopeful that having the kids in school will help me keep a regular schedule. My plan is to wake up every morning at 6:30, eat breakfast, exercise, check my e-mail, etc. and then be in the office by 8:30 (which gives me at least an hour to an hour and a half of uninterrupted work time before anyone else shows up). Work till 12:30, and assuming that nothing pressing has come up (on my Google calender I call this period "Theoretical" Nap), go home and take a nap. Back in the office by 3:00.

On Mondays and Wednesdays I leave at 6:00 so I can be home for dinner, plus family home evening on Mondays and my wife has Bells on Wednesday nights, so I'm home for good. On Tuesday and Thursday nights I'm still experimenting. I'm not sure if it will work best for me to come back to work at 3:00 and then just stay here till say 10:00, or whether it will be better to still go home at 6:00 for dinner, but then head back into the office at say 7:30 and work till say 11:30. I think I'd prefer the former, but I think the latter may be better for my family.

And then it's in bed every night by 12-12:30. We'll see how it goes. The big variable is getting the nap. I think if I can get one 3 out of the 5 weekdays (and then both days on the weekend) I'll be okay. I'm not sure how interesting this is to all of you, but for me the quest to maximize my available time has always been like some sort of holy grail, so I'll keep you updated...

When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled.

1 Comments:

Blogger aozora said...

There is a theory that if overtime is disallowed and it is insisted that work gets done on regular time only, it can and will in fact get done.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home