Monday, October 06, 2008

The Cubs

Well they couldn't even win one game. 100 years without a World Series win is now 101. After doing so well in the regular season to collapse so bad is... pathetic. Now obviously this happened just because I was paying attention, because I mentioned them in my blog. But if that theory doesn't work for you then consider the enormous amount pressure the team was under. I think everyone really thought that this would be the year, but unfortunately (as I've mentioned before) round, base 10 numbers are significant only in the human imagination. There's no law of the universe that says that 100 years is some kind of magical number...

If there is a magical base perhaps it's base 2 and the Cubs will win the World Series after a 128 year drought. In any case I can't say that I'm surprised, though I am disappointed. I guess at this point it would be interesting for them to go so long that no one alive remembered the last time they won. They're already pretty close, just another couple of decades for people to have been too young, not from Chicago or simply senile. I'm sure they can manage that.

In order to get all the sports news out of the way in one post. I lost this weekends fantasy football game. I was at the top of the league with two other people at a 3-1 record. Fortunately they both lost as well, so now there's six of use with a 3-2 record. It would have been really nice to be the only person out of the people with a 3-1 record to win, but alas it was not to be...

I really should already be in bed

1 Comments:

Blogger aozora said...

"99 years of the curse on the Cubs,
99 years of the curse.
If one of the years they do the Series,
98 years of the curse!
98 years on the curse for Cubs ...
"

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home